[OSM-talk] Updating of slippy map

Steve Chilton S.L.Chilton at mdx.ac.uk
Fri Dec 15 13:03:59 GMT 2006

Can someone at the cutting edge please update us (via list or wiki) on
where we are at with the excellent new slippy implementation?
There are now 3 options in the OSM slippy interface (and others without
the interface), which have different amounts of information.
What I'd like to know is what the timescale/procedure is for each one's
coverage increase? Also what will the procedure be for updating of the
tiles as new information is added?
I have been working on mapping in a couple of different areas and need
to pull down current data to work with. It obviously helps tremendously
if the view I have before bringing down to JOSM is as complete and
up-to-date as possible so that sensible planning of new activity can
take place. Obviously I can download to JOSM and then render myself with
osmarender but that is a whole extra stage.
NB: I have looked at osm at home etc on wiki and don't think I am able to
contribute to tat process at present.

Cheers
STEVE

Steve Chilton, Learning Support Fellow
Learning and Technical Support Unit Manager
School of Health and Social Sciences
Middlesex University
phone/fax: 020 8411 5355
email: steve8 at mdx.ac.uk