[OSM-talk] SIGSEG in osm-editor

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Sun Feb 26 09:48:03 GMT 2006

Joerg Ostertag <openstreetmap at ostertag.name>
25/02/2006 20:19

Sent by:    talk-bounces at openstreetmap.org

To:    talk at openstreetmap.org
cc:
Su

>I hope I don't seem aekward if I now ask more dump questions:
>- How can I upload *.gpx Files with osmedit2 ?

You can't (yet) upload GPX files with osmeditor2, you have to do it through
 the web interface. There's a possibility that the 0.3 API will include a
 facility to upload GPX files via the API; if that happens, osmeditor2 will
 immediately support GPX upload. If not, I will probably implement it
 anyway, but it's awkward to simulate 'multipart/form data' ('input
 type=file') HTTP requests so I'm waiting to see if 0.3 will support GPX
 upload via the API (Steve?)

However, you can upload nodes and segments created with osmeditor2 direct
 to OSM, via the "Upload to OSM" menu option.

Before Christmas, Tom and Mikel (I think) recommended upload of all raw GPX
 data to OSM to "prove" the map data isn't copyright. What I do is upload
 the raw GPX via the web interface and create and upload the nodes/segments
 on osmeditor2.

osmeditor2 will not (yet) support GPX save/load, only the native 'OSM'
 format. However osmeditor will support GPX save/load and native 'OSM'
 save. So if you need to read a GPX *file*, load it into osmeditor, save as
 OSM and load it back into osmeditor2. GPX save/load will be put back into
 osmeditor2 as soon as I have the time....

Nick

Joerg

--
http://www.ostertag.name/