[Openstreetmap] Inner city accuracy

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Mon Jan 30 22:03:48 GMT 2006

Thomas Walraet wrote:

> I just bought a Garmin Nüvi for my dad today (don't tell him, it's his
> birthday tomorrow!)

Can this (very nice looking) unit (or indeed any model intended
for car mounting) output tracklog files, or NMEA raw data?  I
found neither when I browsed through the user's manual online.

When I ask car radio dealers (who sell GPS receivers) about
tracklog dumps they look like nobody ever asked that question.
That surprises me, because I would imagine that professional
drivers would be interested in getting an exact log of their daily
driving.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)