[OSM-talk] Summary about "Convert to data layer" (was: Stupid Josm question)

OJW streetmap at blibbleblobble.co.uk
Sun Jul 2 22:23:17 BST 2006

On Sunday 02 July 2006 10:48, Joerg Ostertag wrote:
> I think especially on long straight lines you should filter your data.
> Especially if anyone wants to edit the data or wants to use the data this
> would be usefull.

Seconded!  There are many roads on OSM without any sort of tags (nothing to
say whether they're a motorway or a footpath other than clues from their
shape), and if someone has put a node every 10 metres for a 100-mile stretch
of road, it can take a long while to select them all and turn it into a "way"

JOSM is good at selecting whole regions at once, but that doesn't work on
multilane roads (e.g. motorways) where you only want to select one lane at a
time.