[OSM-talk] Summary about "Convert to data layer" (was: Stupid Josm question)

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Sun Jul 2 23:38:36 BST 2006

Hi,

> if someone has put a node every 10 metres for a 100-mile stretch of
road, it
> can take a long while to select them all and turn it into a "way"
>
> JOSM is good at selecting whole regions at once, but that doesn't work on
> multilane roads (e.g. motorways) where you only want to select one lane at
> a time.

If that's the problem, then I am happy to announce, that JOSM revision 104
now support a new selection mode "straight line", where you can drag from
a starting node to the ending node and JOSM will select all segments in a
direct line between the nodes (greedy-algorithm, for complex roads you may
have to do it several times holding down Shift)

Ciao, Imi