[OSM-talk] Re: privacy policy

Martyn Welch martyn at welchs.me.uk
Thu Jul 27 23:04:05 BST 2006

On Thursday 27 July 2006 19:41, you wrote:
> Martyn Welch <martyn at welchs.me.uk> writes:
> > I disagree. It was no more hassle than signing up to any BBS or mailing
> > list!
>
> Don't you have to click on a link that you get in an email?  Most
> people now use white listing so you get a delay maybe up to an hour
> between your registring and when you can edit.  If I was going to do
> just some edits that delay would probably be a reason not to do it.

Right, so by allowing the most fickle minded people to contribute, otherwise
prolific and loyal contributors are left firefighting the vandalism and
clueless who drag stuff around and delete bits, which has just been made 100
times easier since they can just load a web-page?

Martyn

--

Martyn Welch (martyn at welchs.me.uk)

PGP Key : http://www.welchs.me.uk/martyn/pgpkey/