[OSM-talk] Yet another PDF project

Erik Johansson erjohan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 15:36:06 BST 2006

On 6/5/06, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com> wrote:

> [Oliver White]
> > Short answer: you need to think of some good numbers
> > (latitudes/longitudes and map sizes) to put into this file:
> >
> > http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/PDF_atlas/places.txt
>
> I've tried, but failed to get good results.  What is the projection
> used?  North of Norway get very distorted. :/

There is a proj.4 module for Perl.. Or one can use the proj command
util, it can read files that are formated as:

17.99 59.3 a nice comment

So if you want to use it with the PDF atlas you can to something like
sed 's/,/ /;s/,/\n/;s/,/ /;s/,/ /;' to convert osm.txt into a proj
friendly format. And then convert it back again.

I use it with gnuplot, see:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php?title=Print_OpenStreetMap_with_Gnuplot&action=submit#1._using_proj

>  What about putting
> this in svn [..] It was a pain to gather all the pieces.

That would be wonderfull.