[OSM-talk] Greenwich Emotion Map

Christian Nold christian at softhook.com
Wed Mar 1 16:55:27 GMT 2006

Hi All,

Wanted to announce the Greenwich Emotion Map which is the
culmination of 6 months of work with local people in Greenwich.

http://www.emotionmap.net/

If you have Google Earth you can view each person's emotion map as
well as their annotations and photos. The height of the tracks
indicates people's arousal level.

The project involved participatory workshops where people could borrow
a Bio Mapping device and go for a walk in the local area. The device
measures the wearer's Galvanic Skin Response (GSR), which is an indicator of
emotional arousal in conjunction with their geographical location. The
resulting maps encourage personal reflection on the complex
relationship between us, our environment and our fellow citizens. By
sharing this information we can construct maps that visualise where we
as a community feel stressed and excited.

As part of Node London, two separate public workshops will take place
at Independent Photography so feel free to join us:

Sunday 19th March 2006 - 12pm
Sunday 26th March 2006 - 12pm

Map - http://tinyurl.com/9wdm7

--