[OSM-talk] Coastlines

Joerg Ostertag openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Wed Mar 22 07:41:00 GMT 2006

> But I'm not completly sure shorelines should go into Openstreetmap
> since it's a... well street map. And I'm guessing a seperate project
> would fit the need of shoreline tracing better, e.g importing GSHSS to
> improve upon that.

I personally would really appreciate having coastlines in the database too. My
planed use for OSM is to import the vector data into gpsdrive. And it would
be great if I don't have to download from 1000 different sources to get all
the Data needed to draw a complete map.
I don't see any obvious reason why the current Data structure cannot easily
hold coastlines, river lines and city boarders besides pure street
information.

-

Joerg