[OSM-talk] Re: Isle of Wight and PhotoMap

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 25 13:08:16 GMT 2006

We should choose a flickr/delicious/whatever tag specificially for the workshop. IOWOSM? Flickr doesn't make it easy to grab photos from multiple tags, so there's the combo in one completely unused 6 letter sequence. Also useful will be "IsleOfWight", "IoW", "OSM", "OpenStreetMap".

I'm interested in complete flickr mapping of all IoW photos, however infringing, but seperate from the OSM database. I'd think we only need to be careful when it comes to using those photos for street signs, etc.

With geobloggers offline, we'll need to whip up some flickr aggregation ourselves (assuming flickr doesn't release an api or georss feeds before then -- which could be way way cool). I have some scripts to get at geotagged photos, with tripletags or exif. Maybe we can ask Dan Catt for a download of the geobloggers archive for IoW.

http://worldkit.org/flickr/
http://worldkit.org/flickr/photos/mikel_maron/tags/sevensisters/&exif