[OSM-talk] ANNOUNCE: OSMF

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Fri Mar 31 10:54:59 BST 2006

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> I suggest just making an SQL dump, run it throught bzip2, and make it
> available for download using HTTP, FTP or bittorrent.  That would be a
> low-overhead solution, and those wanting to convert the database to
> something more useful for map programs can start right away using the
> database. :)

OK, I read a few more comments, and it is a good idea to filter out
the mail addresses and passwords from the user table before making the
dump available.

The user table can be filtered after the dump is extracted from the
database.  It might be possible to adjust the dump program to drop
some of the rows in the table, but I am not sure how to do that. :)

Friendly,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen