[OSM-talk] Laser scanning

Jim Ley jim at jibbering.com
Fri Mar 31 11:50:04 BST 2006

"Tom Carden" <tom at tom-carden.co.uk> wrote in message
news:16e8cf860603310239t36268f89y4c171f0f2b336b3 at mail.gmail.com...
>As for scanners on trucks, Google are into this in a big way (much
>sponsorship of Stanford graphics department projects) and obviously
>there's Amazon's A9 local search thing which offers street level views
>of every building.

The street level stuff is much more interesting to me - although not
sideways but forwards - so you can recognise junctions - you tag a junction
as confusing, then when you get routes from it, it shows you a picture of
the junction from the direction you were coming from - has anyone got a
forward facing camera mount for a bike or a car they could use on the IoW
for this - to allow for quickly taking of these sort of pictures?

Cheers,

Jim.