[OSM-talk] Waypoints in the GPX files

Etienne Cherdlu 80n80n at gmail.com
Mon May 15 16:35:34 BST 2006

One crude way would be to transform the way points in the .gps files
to nodes in an .osm file.  The .osm file can then be loaded locally
into JOSM.

Unfortunately I think the nodes would go into the data layer in JOSM
and so would get uploaded to the server at the next upload.  Maybe
this is not a problem if they are just tagged as WAYPT or something.
Anyway, I suppose they could be deleted later using the seach filter
in JOSM if they were really not wanted.

Etienne