[OSM-talk] Choice of GPS for bicycle use in London

Martyn Welch martyn at welchs.me.uk
Tue May 23 12:52:37 BST 2006

On Tuesday 23 May 2006 12:41, Emil Vaughan wrote:
> Also, I'm due for a phone upgrade, so which one is best for gps
> logging ? I'm favouring a sony ericsson for features and ease of use,
> but would a nokia be best for software? I can't find much info on this
> on the net, what should i look for?

I'm using GETrack[1] on a Nokia 6680 with reasonable results. I believe this
will work on a number of Nokia Symbian phones, not sure about the Sony ones.

It's not very feature rich, but it's cheap and works for basic logging.

Phone wise - I have a few issues with the device dialling when it switches
between 2.5 and 3G networks.

Martyn

[1] http://www.mobile-j.de/snipsnap/space/Products/GETrack
--