[OSM-talk] Problems with Event_logger on TomTom GO 300?

Simone Cortesi simone at cortesi.com
Wed May 31 19:21:27 BST 2006

Simon Proven ha scritto:

> It was slightly confusing for me.  You have to reboot the TomTom (not
> simply a matter of shutting down with the power button, e.g. removing
> the SD card will do it).  Then when it next boots it saves the gpx file
> in Tracer/Tracks.  If you are accessing using USB then maybe you won't
> trigger any event which causes a new track file to be created.  It
> should also be triggered by other events (basically starting a new
> travel, so some time from when you last traveled if there's been a gap).

it now works for me. I was stupid enough to add some chars at the
beginning of the config file (probably when I was searching for the
language variable to be changed to italian).

I did test it briefly around the place I live. I will go tomorrow for a
long trip and test it out for about 3 hours.

Then, I will finally start contributing GPX files for north Italy
(lombardia and emilia romagna).

I will investigate the snap to rad thing.

But consider this: having tomtom collecting data woul dramatically
increase our potential userbase. Consider having, let say, my father
going around with his own tomtom and me collecting also his own GPX
tracks. Picture this...

> For now I've ordered a Sirf III USB device to plug into my laptop.

can you tell me where and how much did you pay for it? I'm using (for
wardriving) an old Garmin E-map, would love to stop wasting batteries...

you also under linux?

thanks,
Simone.