[OSM-talk] Delete gpx points in JOSM

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Thu Nov 30 16:06:34 GMT 2006

On Thursday 30 November 2006 00:05, scott wrote:
> Thanks for the help with the 500 error.  Next question I have is:
>
> Can I delete gpx points once loaded before converting them to data
> points?  Some of the roads I travel are already in the db and it seems
> pointless to merge all of my trace.  I tried dragging a box around them
> but it does not seem to select gpx points.

You should give a try to
osmfilter.pl
If you take your area, download it in josm, save it as lets say data1.osm and
then call:
 osmfilter.pl --filter-all --osm=data1.osm
you should get different files as output which only have filtered data in
there. This would include filtering out every segment which is already found
in the data1.osm-file. You can even use a partial planet-xy.csv file for this
task. these are created by using
 osm2csv --area=?
where ? tells you all possible areas and then is replaced by the wanted area.

-
Joerg