[OSM-talk] Churches as navigation points. (was re: collecting POIs)

Robert Hart Robert.Hart at BuroHappold.com
Tue Oct 10 18:30:05 BST 2006

> Have also been recording toilets, car parks and churches. Will probably
> start
> adding pubs at some point too; all the things in the above list look good.

Currently osmarender draws all churches as a "church with tower" (i.e. a
cross above a square). As somebody used to OS maps, this feels very wrong to
me, and could confuse somebody trying to navigate using one of our maps.

It would seem to be trivial to distinguish churches with spires, towers or
none of the above. How about adding "tower"="true" and/or "spire"="true" and
assume any church with these tags lacks a well defined tower or spire?

Rob

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailControl - www.mailcontrol.com