[OSM-talk] Residential areas

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 16:51:53 GMT 2006

On 10/31/06, Dave <osm.list at randomjunk.co.uk> wrote:

> I think smaller areas are probably better. Layering of landuse areas is
> conceptually wrong [...snip...] highstreet shops with flats on top.

So it's conceptually possible, then? However, I would leave it completely in
the hands of the renderer to work out what's going on, unless you want to
tag layer=1 on the residential because the residential *really actually is*
above the commercial.

TBH I'm still using abutters... can go back and fix them when I'm bored and
> it's too cold or wet to collect new data.

Ah, but we've been using highway=residential around Putney, rather than
abutters=residential or even landuse=residential. But I agree with letting
*you* sort that out sometime, I'll concentrate on gathering gps data and
drinking beer...

Andy

(Dave and I work together on lots of the mapping, btw!)