[OSM-talk] Front page design

Tue Sep 12 23:06:38 BST 2006

Dan wrote:

> On 9/10/06, OJW <streetmap at blibbleblobble.co.uk> wrote:
>> OK, I'll kick-off the webdesign competition, with a few ideas for
>> openstreetmap.org's front page:
>>
>> http://almien.co.uk/OSM/PageDesign/
>
> I like a lot of the things you've got here on your proposed front
> page, but personally I think we shouldn't try to clutter the front
> page.

Here's a suggestion:
http://www.systemeD.net/stuff/osm_frontpage_sketch.jpg

It stresses collaboration and 'getting involved', which is the main
focus of the project at the moment. The slippy map is coming on in
leaps and bounds, but we're still a very long way from being a GYM
competitor.

I apologise for the awfully cliched Web 2.0 rounded corners. But hey,
sometimes bandwagons are worth jumping on. And I've never been any good
at choosing colours. :(

cheers
Richard