[OSM-talk] Front page design

Robert Scott lists at riscott.ukfsn.org
Wed Sep 13 00:45:35 BST 2006

On Tuesday 12 September 2006 23:34, Tom Chance wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 September 2006 23:06, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> > Here's a suggestion:
> > http://www.systemeD.net/stuff/osm_frontpage_sketch.jpg
>
> Ahh, now that I like :) It needs to be really simple.

It's classy, but what I liked about OJW's design are the 'recent activity'
sections that are directly visible on the front page. When I find a project,
the first thing I ask myself is "How active is it?". Having a very obvious
thing at the front that says "We're not dead!" I think is important in
something as ambitious as OSM.

Granted it would need some significant coding work.

robert.