[OSM-talk] Publicity

Steve Chilton S.L.Chilton at mdx.ac.uk
Mon Sep 18 10:18:59 BST 2006

Good (cross)-reference to OSM in the Map Room blog today - linking to
report on Nick Black's presentation in Lausanne at FOSS4g2006, and using
Tom's animations of progress on the project, and tehuse of courier data.
See: http://www.mcwetboy.net/maproom/
Also a note that the talk that OJW, Robert and I did at HertsLUG last
week seems to have been well received and that two of those present are
already converted and are contributing to OSM. Not a bad result from a
fairly small audience of a dozen of so. These two things show the
benefits of publicity at ALL levels.
Finally plug for New Forest mapping weekend, which I am going to on
Sunday. We could use some more contributors - even a little time will
help. If you can help on both or either day then signup at:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/New_Forest

Cheers
STEVE

Steve Chilton, Learning Support Fellow
Learning and Technical Support Unit Manager
School of Health and Social Sciences
Middlesex University
phone/fax: 020 8411 5355
email: steve8 at mdx.ac.uk