[OSM-talk] traffic signals at dual-carriageway and complicated intersections

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Wed Aug 1 08:01:26 BST 2007

Sounds good to me. I agree, simplicity is best.

I don't see any problem with more complex intersections, All parts of ways that pass through the intersection and are controlled by the same 'set' of lights would be made part of a single way with

 highway=<highest rated highway entering the intersection>
 junction=traffic_signals

The junction 'way' cannot be ordered as you will need to retain the correct oneway tags for each section. This should not be a problem as it will never be rendered as an area, but as highway.

Let's add it this to the Proposed Features page for discussion there - I'm not sure yet of the procedure for the whole voting thing.