[OSM-talk] traffic signals at dual-carriageway and complicated intersections

Peter James peterjames28 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 1 12:14:03 BST 2007

Maybe the lights could be tagged separately using highway=traffic_signals on
nodes placed at the stop lines. This would allow junctions where not all
traffic passes through lights, to be tagged accurately. Separate ways for
junctions would not be needed (unless traffic lights need to be linked so
that only one set is displayed).

A new tag would be needed for traffic lights in one direction only -
something like direction=forward/reverse. This tag would also be useful for
stop signs (highway=stop).

- Peter James