[OSM-talk] Notebook scans

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Aug 13 11:01:17 BST 2007

Hi,

> No, it's not about mistrust, but more about respectability.  An
> academic paper that doesn't quote its sources is open to all kinds
> of criticism and doubt.

I don't think the comparison holds. If I take map data from other
sources, then I should quote them. But if I acquire the data myself,
there's no sources to quote other than "myself and a bike". If you
publish an academic paper, nobody will expect you to include scans of
the notes you wrote down while you executed the experiment, unless
they have reason to believe that you're a shoddy quack who made up
everything he writes about.

Bye
Frederik