[OSM-talk] UK: Trunk-Primary

Abigail Brady morwen at evilmagic.org
Mon Aug 13 11:44:17 BST 2007

On 8/13/07, Lester Caine <lester at lsces.co.uk> wrote:

> All *I* was saying is that *I* use Trunk for green 'A' roads and Primary
> for
> other 'A' roads. So the original LONG: statement is to my mind simply
> wrong.
> A trunk road has green signs - a primary road does not?

Nope.  Primary A roads - those that form part of the Primary Route Network -
have green signs.
Non-primary A roads, which do not form part of the Primary Route Network -
have white and black signs.

The Primary Route Network is an entirely different think to the set of roads
which the Highways Agency maintains.

http://www.road-to-nowhere.co.uk/trunk.html seems to have the most current

--
Abi