[OSM-talk] Hiking Trails

Sven Geggus lists at fuchsschwanzdomain.de
Tue Aug 14 12:41:59 BST 2007

Rik van der Helm <rik at the-quickest.com> wrote:

> 1. Strong forces in the community to stick to the
> highway=footway,cycleway,bridleway tags.

Hm, I always thought about them as a strange differentiation. While a lot of
cycleways in urban areas are plain cyclyways, most of them are not in rural
areas.

What you can find very frequently at least here in Germany is a combination
of agricultural service-ways with cycle/footways.

I strongly believe that these ways should be marked as cycleway in whatever
way.

Many of these Problems would IMO be resolvable by a general additional layer
which enables us to add stuff like "foobar-cyleway" on top of existing ways,
whatever type they may already have.

Sven

--
Der "normale Bürger" ist nicht an der TU Dresden und schreibt auch
nicht mit mutt. (Ulli Kuhnle in de.comp.os.unix.discussion)

/me is giggls at ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web