[OSM-talk] Editing and tagging - Potlatch, or just JOSM?

Fri Aug 17 12:42:40 BST 2007

Bettersoftware wrote:

> I agree with you. JOSM IS worth the effort and I consider Potlash to be
> almost useless when compared to it's predecessor. With it's very limited
> facilities and features I just can't see why anyone would use it.

Whooa, hold your horses there!!! I don't use potlatch myself, but that
is not reason to talk it bad. It's build for a purpose and that is to
enable Joe Doe to map streets. For that it requires limited facilities
and features. Not everyone is happy to learn an AutoCAD like tool just
to move a node which doesn't happen to be perfect in your neighbouhood.

I'd consider it only fair to appreciate the insane amount of work
Richard puts into Potlatch, and just because you are not the target
audience doesn't give you a right to badmouth it in public!

angry,
spaetz