[OSM-talk] Editing and tagging - Potlatch, or just JOSM?

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Aug 17 14:19:55 BST 2007

Barry wrote:
>Sent: 17 August 2007 1:22 PM
>To: 'Sebastian Spaeth'
>Cc: 'OSM Talk List'
>Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Editing and tagging - Potlatch, or just JOSM?
>
>Spaetz
>
>I've already apologised if my comment have upset some of you.
>
>Potlach, as it stands, HAS limited facilities, when compared to JOSM.
>In my opinion it has less features and facilities than its predecessor.

It has always been Richard's intention that Potlatch (as a replacement to
the previous java applet) should be a simple entry level editor and that
JOSM and others that might come along would be for the hard core mapper. I
don't see that position has changed so the arguments about potlatch should
be limited to whether it truly is an entry level editor. I'm sure Richard
would be happy to take all constructive criticism on that.

Cheers,

Andy

Andy Robinson
Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk