[OSM-talk] Editing and tagging - Potlatch, or just JOSM?

Gerald A geraldablists at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 16:59:17 BST 2007

Hi all,

On 8/17/07, Sebastian Spaeth <Sebastian at sspaeth.de> wrote:

> I'd consider it only fair to appreciate the insane amount of work
> Richard puts into Potlatch, and just because you are not the target
> audience doesn't give you a right to badmouth it in public!

Since I was the original poster, I do want to say I didn't want to incite a
"which
is better war". This is a religious issue, since everyone will have an
opinion of
the software that they love.

I do realize JOSM is the more comprehensive tool, but it also takes far more
work
to get it going. While the payback might be there, for impatient or
infrequent users,
something like Potlatch is perfect.

I was hoping that someone who had used both Potlatch and JOSM could say "you
can't delete ways in Potlatch, only JOSM, but everything else is there" with
some
pointers to the ways to do it.

I really do appreciate the effort that Richard has put into Potlatch, and I
think this
could really be a marvelous way for non-hardcore people to add to OSM.

Thanks,
Gerald