[OSM-talk] Slippy Map update

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sat Aug 18 23:44:40 BST 2007

In message <200708190801310093.0A6372F8 at smtp.nsw.exemail.com.au>
          "Brent Easton" <b.easton at exemail.com.au> wrote:

> How long is it taking to update the Slippy Map these days? Perhaps we could
> have a note sent to OSM-talk when the update finishes?

Well first up, which tile set do you mean? I assume mapnik as t at h has
no set start/end points.

But then neither does mapnik really - there is a point in time when the
database load finishes, but tiles are only rerendered after somebody has
looked at them (and maybe not even then if they were looked at shortly
before the new planet was loaded).

The point is that there is no fixed point in time when looking at the map
will give you images from the new planet - typically you need to look at
it and then come back a bit later to see the updates.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/