[OSM-talk] Mapping Qs: Hotel Complex? Beach? Enclosed Woodland?

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivansanchez at escomposlinux.org
Wed Aug 22 10:06:42 BST 2007

El Wednesday 22 August 2007 03:56:53 D Tucny escribió:
> >      I'm back from a short beach holiday on the island of Majorca
> > (which is technically in Spain but the islanders tend to think
> > differently).

<rant>
Stop mapping our own country, you german invaders!!
</rant>

> > And the hotel grounds... I don't know, any suggestions?
>
> Surely for the buildings and grounds, being able to make them part of a
> larger hotel 'entity' would be ideal...

Maybe a tag for marking "lot" or "parcel".

> natural=water for a pool? That's blatant tagging not of what's there, but
> how you want it to render... Surely something like leisure=pool would be
> more accurate, even if renderers then needed their rendering rules
> modified...

But you'lll need to specify if the pool is a open-air pool, or is inside a
building (part of a in-city sports centre, for example). The rendering should
obviously be different.

--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <ivansanchez at escomposlinux.org>