[OSM-talk] namefinder & permalinks on main slippy map

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Wed Aug 29 10:33:10 BST 2007

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 09:34:14AM +0100, Tom Hughes wrote:
> In message <53cf5b6f0708290112q33c9ad9br5fdb7cf53488d070 at mail.gmail.com>
>         Stefan Baebler <stefan.baebler at gmail.com> wrote:
> > or provide some other way of easy linking to a specific (current)
> > location = permalink (as it is on informationfreeway)
> It's called the view tab. And yes, I know that's now the best way to
> include permalink support but until we come up with something better
> that's where it is.

Would it be possible to duplicate the bit at the top of
http://www.openstreetmap.org/javascripts/site.js
that updates viewanchor to do the same for permalinkanchor and just
add:
<a id="permalinkanchor" href="/" class="active"
title="Permanent link to this map">Permalink</a>
or similar somewhere just above the map?

That should make it obvious to everyone shouldn't it?.

--
 ,--huggie-at-earth-dot-li--------stuff-thing-stuff----------DF5CE2B4--.
_|     "Cardinal Fang!  Fetch... the comfy chair!" - Monty Python      |_