[OSM-talk] namefinder & permalinks on main slippy map

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Aug 29 10:48:00 BST 2007

In message <20070829093310.GC13269 at paranoidfreak.co.uk>
        Simon Huggins <huggie at earth.li> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 09:34:14AM +0100, Tom Hughes wrote:
>> In message <53cf5b6f0708290112q33c9ad9br5fdb7cf53488d070 at mail.gmail.com>
>>         Stefan Baebler <stefan.baebler at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > or provide some other way of easy linking to a specific (current)
>> > location = permalink (as it is on informationfreeway)
>> It's called the view tab. And yes, I know that's now the best way to
>> include permalink support but until we come up with something better
>> that's where it is.
>
> Would it be possible to duplicate the bit at the top of
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/javascripts/site.js
> that updates viewanchor to do the same for permalinkanchor and just
> add:
> <a id="permalinkanchor" href="/" class="active"
> title="Permanent link to this map">Permalink</a>
> or similar somewhere just above the map?
>
> That should make it obvious to everyone shouldn't it?.

Of course it's possible - if somebody can suggest somewhere on the
extremely crowded screen to fit it in.

If that somebody provided the CSS to make the anchor site in the
chosen place then that would be even better as would save me a few
more hours tearing my hair out trying to get CSS to do what I want.

The main reasons I haven't done anything yet are (a) it's hard
work (b) we already have an (admittedly not very good) solution
and hence there are more important things and (c) there was talk
about a more general solution based around a new "Export" tab.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/