[OSM-talk] namefinder & permalinks on main slippy map

Stefan Baebler stefan.baebler at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 15:37:07 BST 2007

On 8/29/07, Tom Hughes <tom at compton.nu> wrote:
> In message <53cf5b6f0708290154w30511939nf855c7f654d76c26 at mail.gmail.com>
>         Stefan Baebler <stefan.baebler at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Actually NO, it doesn't make a unnecessary roundtrip.
> > "return false;" javascript snippet prevents that in case of a normal
> > click on a link. The link would only be used if you intentionally
> > instruct your browser to do something explicit with it (eg right
> > click, open in new tab, open in new window, send link, copy link
> > location....)
>
> Good point. Now implemented.
>
> The only slight problem is that the link will always take you to the
> mapnik layer as the links are built by the server and it has no idea
> what layer(s) you are viewing.
Excellent, tnx!

I just noticed that the implemented link uses plain "lat" & "lon"
parameters instead of "mlat" & "mlon", which means it is missing the
nice marker arrow after loading.

> > Ehm, what exactly is a "normal way" to get the permalink at this moment?
> > Remember, we're taking about slippy map on openstreetmap.org, not on
> > informationfreeway.
>
> Using the view tab - the URL that it points at is always that of the
> currently displayed map.
aaah, way unintuitive! and resulting link also misses the marker arrow. :(
This should probably be fixed extensively in the proposed export tab though.

regards,
Stefan