[OSM-talk] dangerous cycling lanes (was Re: A new highway tagging scheme - thinking about)

Karl Eichwalder ke at gnu.franken.de
Wed Aug 29 18:42:04 BST 2007

> I got the impression that "lcn" was reserved for more formal cycle
> networks?  I'd go for "cycling=poor|medium|good" (note that this is a
> new tag, as distinct from the bike=yes or whatever the current one is
> called).

But do not forget to tag the reason why you think the way is good or
bad.  Tag the width, surface, and any dead-ends.

>> Also missing is the incline data. I guess we could tag Ways with
>> 'incline=yes' and incline=reverse' or something else as a work round not
>> having elevation data. Possibly we should be able to shown 'incline=10%'
>> or
>> 'incline=-10%'. Not really a problem where I live though!

Sonner or later we must tag the elevation.  Without exact data bicycle
map are close to useless in many areas of this world ;)  In "incline" in
percentage is a start, but we also must know how long it lasts.