[OSM-talk] Islands in rivers

Alex L. Mauer hawke at hawkesnest.net
Thu Aug 30 20:35:34 BST 2007

Alex Mauer wrote:

> You mean, make each way from two non-contiguous sections?  Interesting,
> I'll have to try it.  That certainly would get around the limitation on
> directionality of the areas.  It didn't occur to me that the renderer
> might do its "stupid trick" more than once.  I'm sure it would get it
> wrong for three non-contiguous sections as well.
>
> Of course, removal of segments will get rid of this problem too, I can't
> wait for that to happen.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, I hope it will work.

Finally reporting back on this: It does not work.  The renderer
apparently does not connect the two half-ways together properly...that is...

1A>A>A>A>A>A>A>A>A>A>2

4A<A<A<A<A<A<A<A<A<A<3

It will make the connection between 1/3 and 2/4 instead of the 2/3 and
1/4 that was expected.

Evidence of problem here:

http://informationfreeway.org/?lat=44.50271051093948&lon=-89.58766069724238&user=hawke&zoom=13&layers=B000F000

-Alex Mauer "hawke"