[OSM-talk] Building Site - landuse=construction

Kyle Gordon kyle at lodge.glasgownet.com
Fri Dec 14 10:51:11 GMT 2007

On Sun, 2007-12-09 at 11:13 +0000, John McKerrell wrote:
> The Building Site tag has passed through voting now with 8 approvals
> and no disapprovals. Blackadder did express concern that
> "construction" could be an ambiguous term, but I think when coupled
> with "landuse", it's ok. If you meant it as a noun, i.e. "a
> construction", then you wouldn't use landuse (and in fact you'd
> probably use building=yes). We can always put put words to that
> effect on the map features description.
>
> So, if I don't get any major flames in response to this email I'll
> add this new tag to the map feaures page and look at getting it
> rendered.
>
> John

What an awful idea. As rjmunro states, we should be mapping the two
states of existence, not the transitory state in between. As far as I
was aware, that is what the start_date and end_date tags are for. Will
we be mapping allotments with 'landuse=construction' every time someone
builds a new shed or changes their existing one?

Kyle