[OSM-talk] Rendering ruins and archaeological sites

Christoph Eckert ce at christeck.de
Sun Dec 16 16:07:50 GMT 2007

Hi,

we have a lot of medieval castles in germany as well as in other countries. In
other countries you can find a lot of ancient sites. As ruins and
archaeological sites often are important landmarks, I wonder if those could
be rendered with their name.

Attached you'll find a simple svg showing three dots. I remember having seen
such a symbol in a printed map ages ago. I think we could use it for both
tags mentioned above:

historic=archaeological_site
historic=ruins

If it was useful, I'd be glad if anyone with svn access could add it to the
svn.Any chance we got it rendered?

HTH & best regards,

ce