[OSM-talk] Osmarender4 slippy map (preview)

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Sat Feb 10 17:13:15 GMT 2007

On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 04:53:56PM -0000, David Earl wrote:
> I can remove osmarender:nameDirection for Cambridge once osmarender4 goes
> live, but might it not make sense to remove osmarender:nameDirection tags
> globally in the database when this happens, rather than do them
> individually?

I don't have a tool to do this automatically. If somebody has, he can do
that. Its not really hard to do this by hand, though. Just go into JOSM,
select everything and delete the tag.

> Are any of the icons/areas/names I sent you likely to go into osmarender4?

At some point yes, but I can't say when. I have to look at the details
first. Probably not before the tiles at home switch. But "I am working on it".
Because the tiles at home styles are derived from the Osmarender standard
style, but not identical, thats not automatic anyway.

> Any chance you can use the opportunity to switch colours for the long
> standing gripe of red/green for trunk/primary?

I don't know about that gripe. Here in Germany we use totally different
colors anyway and I don't want to go into that discussion now. The colors
we currently have are inconsistent and, I think, much too "loud" anway.
I suggest this as a subject for the Oxford cartography meeting that some
people are planning.

Anybody who want to use a different style can just edit the standard
style and put the changed one under a different name in subversion. That
way other people can have a look, we can compare styles and at some
point agree on how to change the standard style. And, of course, there
could be many slippy maps with different styles.

Jochen