[OSM-talk] Strange node/seg/way duplication problem

matthew-osm at newtoncomputing.co.uk matthew-osm at newtoncomputing.co.uk
Mon Feb 19 11:55:13 GMT 2007

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 11:39:43AM +0200, Kaj-Michael Lang wrote:
> In some places where I've edited some of the data is duplicated, two sets of
> exactly the same segments/nodes (and sometimes ways) ? (Seen if I move a
> node/way in JOSM and there is an exact copy under it). I've started cleaning
> these, but does anyone have any idea why this might have happened ?

A lot (well, I haven't found any that are not like this) of the railway near me
(Leicestershire, UK) has four nodes where there should only be one. Of course,
only one of these nodes is actually used.

They all have low ID numbers, so must have been around for a while. I've sorted
one or two, but it's a real pain to do manually so they usually get left. Ideal
project for a computer to look at ;).

--
Matthew