[OSM-talk] Road Widths, Stubs and Priority/Giveway

Ben Robbins ben_robbins_ at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 13 15:04:15 GMT 2007

Just gunna try and round up this dieing topic.

1) Road widths

As Tom Walret Suggested, 'Passing=normal|caution|difficul|impossible'

Would people agree?  Should this be proposed?

2) Stubs

It seems there is some agreement that they need marking.  Should Stubs just
be a proposed feature?, and if so, if nodes are tagged would it be a
posibiliy to have them render realtime in josm or other editing applications
so that they are most usefull?  Originally I was suggesting have this as a
visual tool that can be uploaded, but having it as a real time rendering tag
may be a simple solution, although some advantages would be lost, such as
the simplicity to add them with 1 click, and the abilty to turn them on and
off when you want/don't want to see them.

3) Road Status's

Minimal discussion on this in mailing list.  It was discussed on IRC, and it
seems that I need to suggest something.  May I suggest roads could be tagged
as 'status=A/B/C/D'.  A being the highest and Z being the lowest.  (I say
letters casue theres more).   The problem arrises when a  roads status
changes at somepoint, and/or a side road is rejoined by the road it left,
rahter than joining onto it.

Thanks,

Ben