[OSM-talk] advertising

Andreas Putzo lists at putzo.net
Fri Jul 6 17:38:19 BST 2007

On Jul 06, David wrote:
> On 7/6/07, Grant Slater <openstreetmap at firefishy.com> wrote:
> > >
> > Unless I am mistaken, the ads have already been removed.
>
> They are there at the moment. It appears a bit flaky though, sometimes
> they don't appear to work for a while.
>
> If there are enough people that don't like the ads perhaps we could
> pool funds and donate enough money to replace the funds the ads are
> expected to generate. Surely with an alternative source for the money
> the ads would be removed.

I think the discussion the last few days already have shown that
at least many people don't like these ads. IMHO they should therefore
be removed immediately until an acceptable solution is found.
Money can't be an issue here. We need to raise funds anyway and there
are lots of options to do so. Risking the good mood of the project or
even a fork is not worth it.
As a site note, mappam  already lists us as a partner. Why is
this?

- andreas