[OSM-talk] map features - waterway: Some clarification?!?

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 13:22:58 BST 2007

On 7/7/07, Andy Allan <gravitystorm at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/7/07, Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping at web.de> wrote:
>
> > Thanks!
> >
> > I've updated the wiki text, could you have a look?
> >
> > The "example" column is still missing, so adding map examples of these
> > things is a good idea even after the text clarification ;-)
>
> On this note, is there any way I can find where a given tag is used? I
> want to grab a render of some lock_gates, and link to their position
> on the slippy map (and probably link to a picture of them on flickr) -
> but short of coming the countryside I don't know where any are in the
> system. Ideas anyone?

Just yesterday I was experimenting with some API extensions (driven from a
database created from a planet dump) that would allow some tag based
retrieval from the database.

Using a similar notation to that used for Osmarender rules file, kind of
like:
/api/0.4/map?bbox=x1,y1,x2,y2 e=node&k=leisure&v=slipway

Unfortunately I blew up the server I was using, so I'm having to wait until
it gets resurrected :(

Cheers,