[OSM-talk] map features - waterway: Some clarification?!?

Matthias Julius lists at julius-net.net
Mon Jul 9 04:20:12 BST 2007

80n <80n80n at gmail.com> writes:

> Just yesterday I was experimenting with some API extensions (driven from a
> database created from a planet dump) that would allow some tag based
> retrieval from the database.
>
> Using a similar notation to that used for Osmarender rules file, kind of
> like:
> /api/0.4/map?bbox=x1,y1,x2,y2 e=node&k=leisure&v=slipway

That would be really great.

Another thought that crossed my mind a while ago is that it could be
helpful to specify a date/time (like &since=2007-07-01) and only data
that has been changed since that date would be returned.  This would
allow for incremental updates of previously downloaded data and could
save a lot of bandwidth in dense areas with little updates.

Matthias