[OSM-talk] historic=monument - is photo ok?

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at web.de
Sat Jul 7 15:43:30 BST 2007

Hi List!

As someone already started it for the highway topic, I've added example
and photo columns for all topics of the map features page - IMHO after
being filled with examples and photos, most of the newbie questions will
be answered much more easily that way.

While I had a nice photo of a cemetery, I got in doubt with
historic=monument.

Please have a look at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Image:CIMG4191.JPG - ok, next
time when I'll upload a photo I'll find a better name.

Is this what the monument tag should be used for, or is this tag only
meant for very large things, like the Brandenburger Tor in Berlin?

If it's only for large things, do we need another tag, like
historic=memorial or such for smaller ones like this?

Regards, ULFL