[OSM-talk] no replay-to header at talk

Raphael Studer studerap at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 11:47:26 BST 2007

On 7/11/07, Dave <osm.list at randomjunk.co.uk> wrote:
> > Keep in mind that we're talking about average computer *users*, not the
> > unix geek who tends to maintain three servers at home ...
>
> We're asking them to hit "Reply to all" instead of "Reply". I wish
> maintaining three servers at home was that easy. I've only got the one
> (although it does run Ubuntu, and is pretty easy).

For me its not a problem to hit "Replay to all" instead of "Reply".
I was just confused because the difference header handling between the
talk-de at osm and talk at osm lists.

> Please remember also that it's (pretty much by definition) your geeks
> who are asking for reply-to munging to be turned on. Most *users*
> wouldn't know what a mail header was, never mind a reply-to field.
I woudn't call myself a geek, I'm just a Software engineer.

> And BTW here's a very short list of GUI mail clients that support
> "Reply to All":
>  - Outlook
>  - Outlook Express
>  - GMail
>  - Thunderbird
>  - Evolution
I think it's not a question of the mail client, rather than of "how
you expect a system to work".

For me it's ok, leafing the reply-to munging on on the talk list. To
have the same behavior on both lists, I'll ask the German guys to turn
it on too.

Raphael