[OSM-talk] NCN refs - consistency

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 04:57:14 BST 2007

On 7/11/07, Peter Miller <peter.miller at itoworld.com> wrote:
> Sustrans also has regional routes (ncr) but we don't have any in Suffolk to
> my knowledge. We do have regional routes, for example 'Suffolk Costal
> Route'. I haven't encoded these but proposed using rcn_ref.

Can we please *not* invent a new tag for every possible source of
routes. In the netherlands that are dozens of organisations that make
cycling routes and we're certainly not proposing adding a new tag for
each.

We need something like:

cycle_route=foo;bar;baz
bar:ref=A110
bar:name=Bloemenroute
baz:ref=A111
baz:grade=5

This way you only need tag for actual physical features.

Have a nice day,