[OSM-talk] Deprecation/move of incorrect tags

Corey Burger corey.burger at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 01:55:54 BST 2007

On 7/12/07, Alex L. Mauer <hawke at hawkesnest.net> wrote:
> I'd like to propose the deprecation of the following "highway" values:
>
> steps (move to properties: steps=yes)
> mini_roundabout (move to junction=mini_roundabout)

What about expanding the junction tag to include all the kinds of
juctions that might exist, such as level crossings?

> The following do not belong in highway in my opinion, but I have no
> better place for them at the moment; any suggestions?:
> bridleway
> cycleway
> footway
> services
> incline
> incline_steep
> viaduct
> bus_stop

I don't see a proposal for how to replace those.

Bridleway and Footway should probably become their own top level tags,
ala cycleway

Services should me moved to the appropriate amenity tag

Incline and Incline steep move to part of natural?

Viaduct should probably be removed entirely, in favour of bridge

Bus stops and bus stations are two different things. A bus stop is a
placed at the side of the road, a station is usually named and may be
either an innercity interchange or an intercity station. As such, we
still need a bus stop tag. Move that to amenity=bus_stop?

Corey