[OSM-talk] Deprecation/move of incorrect tags

Alex L. Mauer hawke at hawkesnest.net
Fri Jul 13 05:06:46 BST 2007

Ulf Lamping wrote:

> In germany, the services are often not part of any other public roads
> than the motorway itself. They are an "island" on the land, only
> connected to the motorway.

There are some like this in the US as well.  I don't see a need to
distinguish the roads leading to them though.

> They have (at least most of them) dedicated motorway exits that leads to
> nowhere else than the services itself and only a road back to the motorway.

Might "highway=motorway_link" be better for those dedicated exits, the
same value that's used for other exits?

-Alex Mauer "hawke"
--
Bad - You get pulled over for doing 90 in a school zone and you're drunk
off your ass again at three in the afternoon.