[OSM-talk] Potential problems moving/depreciating map features tags.

Stephen Gower socks-openstreetmap.org at earth.li
Mon Jul 16 14:01:07 BST 2007

On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 01:36:49PM +0200, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> I can change all 16,255 "highway=cycleway" tags to "fredwashere=yes"
> within two or three hours if the API works well.

  Sure.  The data is the easy bit, in some ways.  It's having to
  change every editor (at least those with presets), every renderer,
  and the numourous other projects based on OSM, and make sure that
  no-one is going to use the old versions of these once the Big Bang
  switchover has happened.  This has to be done every time such a
  change is made.